There’s a new Operetta build up. Clicking moves; spacebar fires; the only way to reset the level (say, if you actually destroy the bad guy) is to refresh the web page.
I’ve been working on re-doing the shields mechanic detailed in this old lj post, though since I can’t depend on there being a constant frame rate, I ditched the ‘zillion tiny shield arcs’ approach and actually did multiple segments with arbitrary, floating-point starts and ends.
And yes, it was a pain, but I think it’s working.
There’s also collision detection; I’ve been using the stuff I learned at a recent Unity talk. Yay!
I’ve gotten a renewed interest in working on this project, as I’ve got a story I think could work within the format I’m planning, and Marie’s on board too and hopefully can help with the writing.